Hospitalist Jobs in Michigan
Wednesday · January 17, 2018
1 Job in The Great Lakes State
Photo: Skyline view of Detroit with the GM Renaissance Center.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent hospitalist job (Saginaw) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- Must hold a valid license to practice medicine in the State of Michigan.
- Manage patient complications or difficulties as they arise.
- Physician - Hospitalist Job in Saginaw, MI.
- Covenant HealthCare employs more than 4,000 employees and supports an empowered and accountable workforce that embraces diversity and change in the pursuit of excellence.
- Ensure scheduling of post-discharge office visits to Primary Care Physician.
- Effectively communicate with Primary Care Physician on inpatient care plan and subsequent follow-up care.
- Each year, Covenant has more than 26,000 inpatient admissions, more than 3,000 new born deliveries, more than 21,000 surgical procedures and more than 85,000 emergency visits.
- As the region's preferred hospital and leader in electronic medical records, we support research, education and technology serving as a major teaching hospital in addition to providing training facilities for CMU's new medical education program in 2013.
- See unassigned patients in a timely manner while serving as "attending" physician from the Emergency Care Center expediting their care.
- Hospitalist - PhysicianMULTIPLE Openings.
- Participate in medical center quality improvement activities.
- Flexible shift based schedule-Nocturnist and Days available.
- Integrate specialty and subspecialty consults into case plan.
- Serve as an information resource to family on patient's status.
- EMR - Epic.
- With 670 beds and the regions only Level II Trauma Center including air medical transport service Covenant treats patients across a 20 plus county area.
- Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathic Medicine (or a foreign equivalent)and completion of an Internal Medicine residency required.
- Discuss "End of Life" preferences with patients and family members.
- Serve as a member of a physician group to provide medical service coverage of selected inpatients at Hospital.
- Perform admission and initial assessments of inpatients in a timely fashion.
- Be available for consultations as requested, including timely consultations to the Emergency Care Center.
- Manage patients in a high-quality, cost-effective fashion.
- Perform rounds multiple times daily when necessary.
This perm job opening was posted
3 weeks ago