Hospitalist Jobs in Michigan
Sunday · September 24, 2017
1 Job in The Great Lakes State
Photo: Skyline view of Detroit with the GM Renaissance Center.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent job opening (Jackson) is for a government medical facility.
- Minimal on.
- Current Acls certification.
- Licensed physician in the state of employment.
- Correctional Care | Committed Careers | Corizon Health.
- We are dedicated to meeting the needs of the growing number of incarcerated persons with physical and mental illness and the professionals who care for them.
- Monitors specialty consults for appropriateness, medical necessity, quality and continuity of care.
- More healthcare professionals are finding the stability and advancement they desire at Corizon Health.
- Maintains patient confidentiality and completes a Corizon Health confidentiality statement for file, as well as inmate (patient) privacy with respect to patient rights, in accordance to the constitutional rights of the incarcerated individual.
- Represents a positive image regarding correctional healthcare and Corizon Health at all times in discussions with hospital/provider representatives and the general public, or County officials.
- Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Mal practice paid.
- Qualifications of the Corizon Health Physician Hospitalist.
- Medical & Dental Company matched retirement plan.
- This includes ED and ambulatory services patients.
- Provides monthly outcome reports for review by the Site Medical Director and Regional Medical Director on standard utilization variables as determined by the Regional Medical Director or Site Medical Director, with the assistance of the Corizon Health Utilization Management Department Director or Operations Manager.
- Current DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency) registration.
- Applies a concentrated focus on defining the appropriate resources needed for coordinating, monitoring, and reporting outcomes for hospitalized inmates.
- Consult with the hospital and community providers to build relationships, educate and resolve issues in the delivery of services to inmates.
- No overhead.
- Monitors the use of medications in accordance with the Corizon Health formulary.
- Corizon Health provides patients with high quality healthcare and reentry services that will reduce recidivism and better the communities where we live and work.
- Responsibilities of the Corizon Health Physician Hospitalist.
- Completes a daily patient assessment for each patient and provides comprehensive updates to the site Primary Care Physician.
- Continuing Medical Education allowance.
- Work with the hospital and providing healthcare team, and the site healthcare team, to reduce inconsistencies in the care continuum.
- Facilitates timely diagnostic evaluations and interventions.
- Provides a history and physical exam on admission, and a discharge summary at the time of discharge to the Regional/Site Medical Director.
- The facility is owned and operated by the Michigan Department of Corrections.
- We have an exceptional opportunity for a Physician Hospitalist to join our healthcare team at Duane Waters Hospital in Jackson, Michigan.
- Reports variances for quality review and tracking in designated format.
- Facilitates education of the inmate regarding medication, diet, disease process, risks and benefits of treatment, and alternatives consistent with Corizon Health utilization criteria and physician protocols.
- In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status.
- Writes appropriate orders and progress notes for the care of patients.
- 5 Weeks Paid Time Off.
- This position may require a background check, security clearance, and/or drug screening.
- This is a 112 inpatient bed hospital located within the Michigan State Prison in Jackson, Michigan and used for prison inmates and workers.
- No weekends or evenings.
- Board-certified to practice medicine.
- Abides at all times with the security regulations of the hospital and the site, and understands that security is always a priority over medical intervention.
- It primarily treats inmates whose medical needs cannot be treated at other Michigan Department of Corrections facilities.
- Significant experience in a primary care field (Internal Medicine, Family Medicine) with a strong emphasis on inpatient management.
- Participates in physician rounds with the other treating physicians as needed.
- Interacts regularly, as determined by need, with the Corizon Health Utilization Review Nurse.
- Attends Medical Directors meetings at the request of the Regional Medical Director or Site Medical Director.
This perm job opening was posted
5 weeks ago
by Corizon Health